Cllr Humby said: “With junctions on the A3025 / B3397 Hamble Lane at capacity during peak times, the focus of the County Council’s improvement scheme is at the northern section between Windhover Roundabout and the Portsmouth Road junction, along with complementary measures further south on Hamble Lane and on the wider network.”
“We’ve asked local people their views on our plans, and I’ll be looking at the analysis of the most recent consultation on the preferred scheme, including any minor modifications that could be made based on this feedback. I’m keen we get to a stage where the design is in a state of readiness, so that, as soon as funding is made available, we’re ready to start on these much-needed improvements to reduce journey time delays for residents and commuters.”
As and when funding becomes available for works in the area, the priorities will be as follows, based on the outcome of the public consultations:
1. On-line widening of the northern section of Hamble Lane to provide a
second lane southbound between the Tesco access and Portsmouth
Road and a new shared use footway/cycleway on the eastern side of the
2. Installation of new traffic signals at the A3025 / Portsmouth Road Junction, including the partial reopening of Lowford Hill.
3. Installation of new traffic signals and widening at the Jurd Way junction.
4a. Revised access arrangements for the Tesco Store – new/improved
existing car park egress and access, via the A27.
4b. Revised access arrangements for the Tesco Store – new signal controlled
left-in/left-out junction on Hamble Lane, with new u-turn slip from Hamble Lane northbound north of the Tesco access.
5. Installation of new traffic signals at the A27/Portsmouth Road Junction.
6. Installation of new traffic signals at the Satchell Lane and Hound Road junctions with Hamble Lane.
For more details go to : www.hants.gov.uk/hamblelane
Read the full report on the County Councils web pages.