Improvements along Budds Lane and at its junction of Camp Road (C114) aim to encourage walking and cycling to the relocated Mill Chase Academy secondary school and Bordon Infant and Junior schools. The scheme will also form part of a planned wider future walking and cycling network in the town.
Work will be carried out by contractors Mildren Construction Ltd. The construction work will be phased to enable activity to be coordinated with local schools and businesses. Work directly associated with the new Mill Chase Academy will be completed in September with ancillary work continuing into the autumn.
Enhancements will include:
• Widening of the northern footway along the full length of Budds Lane to allow shared use by pedestrians and bicycles
• Introducing two zebra crossings and keeping the narrowing outside Bordon Infant School
• Construction of a mini-roundabout at the junction with the Whitehill & Bordon Enterprise Park
• The construction of a mini-roundabout at the junction of Budds Lane and Camp Road and the installation of a tiger crossing (zebra crossing with a cycle lane).
Whilst Budds Lane is under construction, the following road closures and signed diversions will be in place until June:
• Carriageway closure of Budds Lane between Station Road and access road to Enterprise Park. The proposed diversion will be Camp Road, A325 Relief Road, Oakhanger Road
• Lane closures on the section of Budds Lane between the access road to Enterprise Park and Camp Road
More information is available on the scheme web pages