The County Council’s Short Break activity grants are awarded to organisations providing activities outside school hours, for children and young people aged 0-17 years, who hold a Gateway Card and live in the Hampshire County Council local authority area.
Grant funding for 1 October 2019 – 31 March 2021 was prioritised for three types of activity, in response to feedback from children and young people with disabilities and their families, namely holiday clubs; weekend clubs; and youth clubs. Successful applicants include:
• In East Hampshire – The Oaks Playscheme;
• In Eastleigh – Solent Youth Action;
• In Fareham – Let us Play (LUPs);
• In Gosport – Enable Ability;
• In Hart and Rushmoor – Parkside;
• In Havant – Active Kids Holiday Club;
• In the New Forest – Scarf;
• In Test Valley – Andover and District Mencap;
• In Winchester – Lanterns Nursery School Holiday Playschemes.
In addition, £35,000 funding was agreed, to support the Hampshire Parent Carer Network for the financial year (12 months) from 1 April 2020 to 31 March