Councillor Keith Mans, the County Council’s Executive Lead Member for Children’s Services, commented: “Through an online survey and a series of focus group sessions, we want to gather as many views as possible. This will be invaluable in being able to give the Government an accurate picture of what parents in Hampshire think of their proposals for changes to the national childcare offer.”
The following focus group sessions are being held around the county for parents and carers of young children. Parents are asked to email email@example.com to book a place and to enquire about crèche facilities where available:
- 11 November 2016, 10am to 12 noon: Cornerstone, Hythe United Reformed Church, Hythe, New Forest SO45 4QJ
- 14 November 2016, 6.30pm to 8.30pm: Saxon Wood School, Rooksdown, Barron Place, Basingstoke RG24 9NH (no crèche)
- 23 November 2016, 1pm – 3pm: Chase Centre, Budds Lane, Bordon, East Hampshire GU35 0JB
- 29 November 2016, 6pm – 8pm: Sharps Copse School, Prospect Lane, Havant PO9 5PE
- 5 December 2016, 4pm – 6pm: Lantern’s Nursery, Bereweeke Road, Winchester SO22 6AJ
Those who are unable to attend any of the focus group sessions can complete an online childcare survey that can also be accessed via the Hampshire Local Offer web pages.