“Our country parks are focal points for families, walkers, cyclists and outdoor enthusiasts. They represent a wonderful opportunity for new and existing businesses wanting to grow, to operate activities such as adventure play, cycle hire or accommodation businesses such as glamping or holiday lets. Art or photography business, as well as other activity businesses, could also do well in these beautiful countryside locations. These open days are a perfect opportunity for businesses to ask questions and see how they could thrive at our country parks.”
Businesses will be welcomed with an information pack and given a tour of the country parks. They will also have an opportunity to speak to staff, hear about future plans and ask questions about potential sites and buildings where they could re-locate to attract customers.
The business open days are taking place at:
• 12 December, 10am to midday at Manor Farm Country Park, Pylands Lane, Bursledon, near Southampton SO31 1BH. A working farm of a bygone age set in a scenic landscape of farmland and ancient woodland on the banks of the River Hamble.
• 12 December, 1pm to 3pm at Royal Victoria Country Park, Netley Abbey, Southampton SO31 5GA. Covering over 200 acres, it is one of the most scenic and delightful areas of South Hampshire, providing ideal facilities for families.
• 13 December, 10am to midday at Queen Elizabeth Country Park, Gravel Hill, Horndean PO8 0QE. Hampshire's biggest country park - 20 miles of trails for walkers, cyclists and horse riders, and Butser Hill National Nature Reserve.
• 13 December, 1pm to 3pm at Staunton Country Park, Middle Park Way, Havant PO9 5HB. With a farm full of friendly animals, the south coast’s largest ornamental glasshouses, beautiful gardens and 1,000 acres of country park to explore there’s something for everyone at Staunton Country Park.
• 14 December, 10am to 11am at Lepe Country Park, Exbury, New Forest, SO45 1AD. Where the New Forest meets the sea, with over a mile of beautiful coastline and stunning views across the Solent and Isle of Wight.
• 16 December, 10am to 11am at Titchfield Haven, Cliff Road, Hill Head, Fareham, PO14 3JT. Visit Titchfield Haven for a peaceful walk and to see a variety of wildlife, especially birds, really close up.
Spaces are limited. Please book your place by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org