1 day course
£35 per participant*
Course code: 01499CRS
This course will support managers to understand the links between good communication and the use of restrictive practices when discussing safeguarding, choice/control and risk management.
This course will enable you to:
- Explain the need to demonstrate empathy, taking into account the needs and feelings of others in your communication
- Explain the importance of ‘active listening’ when relating to people who need care and support, carers, relatives, staff and other people with whom you work
- Explain how different forms of communication can benefit the delivery of different types of information in different settings
- Explain how communication can be made accessible for a range of different needs
- Explain the importance of effective reporting and recording systems in supporting individuals to achieve positive outcomes
- Explain how to meet an individual’s needs with dignity and respect in a way that minimises the risk of harm to the person being supported and the person implementing the intervention
- Explain definitions of restraint and when it should be used, including the issues of ‘hidden restraint’
- Identify potential situations where restraint might be used acknowledging that it should only be used only in proportion to the risk of harm and wherever possible should be a last resort
Find out more
Prices displayed on the PaCT website are for Hampshire based adult social care providers only. As part of Hampshire County Council’s commitment to improving the local marketplace, prices for Hampshire based services are subsidised.
If your organisation is based out of Hampshire, the booking system will show the full price that you will pay.
Booking terms and conditions
We reserve the right to update and amend these booking conditions from time to time.