2 day course
£70 per participant*
Course code: PACT3125
This two day course will explore why people with dementia might behave in ways which are viewed as challenging. You will explore the importance of life history and the uniqueness of the person, enabling you to develop positive relationships recognising that behaviour is a form of communication. You will explore up to date reporting and recording approaches in order to support each other, the person with dementia and their family. You will be supported to complete a brief e-learning exercise prior to attending and will be required to undertake some work place assignments during and after the programme.
This course will enable you to:
- Recognise that behaviour is a form of communication
- Recognise that behaviour is often an emotional response to an experience
- Discuss the reasons behind the behaviour
- Explore ways of observing, measuring and recording behaviours
- Identify tools, care approaches, guidance and legislation that enable you to formulate positive person centred responses
- Demonstrate positive relationships between colleagues, family members and individuals who are living with dementia
Prices displayed are for Hampshire based adult social care providers only. As part of Hampshire County Council’s commitment to improving the local marketplace, prices for Hampshire based services are subsidised.
If your organisation is based out of Hampshire, please press the ‘Find Out More’ button to go to to our booking system and see the full price.
Booking terms and conditions
We reserve the right to update and amend these booking conditions from time to time.