1 day course
£35 per participant*
Course code: 01491CRS
This course will enable you to identify and risk assess an individual who is showing signs of choking.
This course will enable you to:
- Identify risk factors associated with choking
- Define proactive strategies that can reduce the risk of choking
- Explain the importance of adequate nutrition and hydration and the adverse effects on not receiving these
- Identify the importance of health checks that may indicate an increased risk of choking. (such as annual health checks/dental appointments)
- Recognise your role and responsibility when supporting an individual to eat and drink safely
- Recognise your role and responsibility with care planning and risk assessment in relation to choking
- Consider an individuals capacity to consent and the use of MCA/DOLS and advocacy
This course does not provide you with the first aid skills appropriate to a choking casualty.
This course has practical exercises around supporting individuals with eating and drinking. If you have food allergies please make this known when booking.
Presented and administered by
Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
Find out more
Prices displayed on the PaCT website are for Hampshire based adult social care providers only. As part of Hampshire County Council’s commitment to improving the local marketplace, prices for Hampshire based services are subsidised.
If your organisation is based out of Hampshire, the booking system will show the full price that you will pay.
Booking terms and conditions
We reserve the right to update and amend these booking conditions from time to time.