3 day course
£150 per participant*
Course code: 01497CRS
Everything you need to train others to improve practice and safety in medicines administration. Design a bespoke programme for your organisation.
This course will enable you to:
- Develop the skills and knowledge to assess and develop training within your organisation around safe administration of medicine; show your organisation is currently training staff and how this might be adapted to reduce medication errors
- Use our suite of resources to develop bespoke training resources and evaluation processes to ensure staff are aware of the correct procedures to administer medication
- Reflect on the responsibilities of a medication trainer and champion including day to day facilitation of best practice, monitoring systems and personal continuous development
- Explain the importance of using a blend of methods to teach medicines administration
- Identify sources to use when choosing learning outcome for your training
- Describe teaching ideas for boundary issues (i.e. when to use a medicines chart, prompting, general support, and administration by staff)
- Describe teaching ideas for the safe selection of medication and completion of medicines charts
- Describe teaching ideas for the administration of oral liquids, topicals, inhalers and eye drops
Presented and administered by
The Medication Training Company
Prices displayed on the PaCT website are for Hampshire based adult social care providers only. As part of Hampshire County Council’s commitment to improving the local marketplace, prices for Hampshire based services are subsidised.
If your organisation is based out of Hampshire, the booking system will show the full price that you will pay.
Booking terms and conditions
We reserve the right to update and amend these booking conditions from time to time.
Partnership in Care Training (PaCT) uses Eventbrite for course administration. Eventbrite is a US company and your personal information may be transferred outside of the European Economic Area. Eventbrite participates in and complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of Personal Data (defined in Section 2.1) from European Economic Area ("EEA") member countries.