1 day course
£35 per participant*
Course code: PACT0924
This course will enable participants to develop skills in using the functional assessment process to understand the purpose a behaviour may be serving for an individual. This course is designed for Care staff working in Learning Disability services.
- Be given an introduction to Positive Behaviour Support and its origins
- Develop skills in undertaking and understanding the Functional Assessment Process
- Be able to identify why it is important to include “contextual fit” in support plans
- Look at ways in which to introduce and produce Positive Behaviour Support Plans
- Be able to identify different ways to reinforce positive behaviour
- You must have an understanding of the legal position and duty of care in relation to the use of physical interventions and responses to behaviours that challenge
- You must have been involved in the use of functional assessments within a multi-disciplinary approach (ABC Charts)
- You must have attended the PaCT Introduction to Positive Behaviour Support course
Presented and administered by
Relaxed, but very knowledgeable. The anecdotes helped to reinforce theory and the trainer’s experience is obvious
Prices displayed are for Hampshire based adult social care providers only. As part of Hampshire County Council’s commitment to improving the local marketplace, prices for Hampshire based services are subsidised.
If your organisation is based out of Hampshire, please press the ‘Find Out More’ button to go to to our booking system and see the full price.
Booking terms and conditions
We reserve the right to update and amend these booking conditions from time to time.