30 hours of free childcare
Working parents of 3- and 4-year olds in England may be entitled to up to 30 hours of childcare for 38 weeks of the year (or fewer hours over more weeks).
You will be eligible for your children in foster care if it is consistent with the child’s care plan and you and your partner (if any) are working outside your fostering role.
Children in foster care will be able to receive 30 hours of free childcare if these conditions apply:
- accessing the extended hours is consistent with the child’s care plan and
- where there is a single foster parent family, the foster parent is engaging in paid work outside of their role as a foster parent, or
- where there are two foster parents in the same fostering household, who are both engaging in paid work outside their role as a foster parent or
- where there are two foster parents in the same fostering household, one engaging in paid work outside their role as a foster parent and one having carer responsibilities or being unable to work and in receipt of qualifying benefits or
- if one partner is not a foster parent then they must be in qualifying paid work and meet the normal income requirements for 30 hours
To apply, start the conversation with your social worker today so you can receive your code the term before your child becomes eligible. You can apply up to 16 weeks before your child turns 3 years old.