Transfer to Hampshire County Council

You won’t be out of pocket if you decide to transfer to us

It is possible to transfer to Hampshire County Council from another local authority or fostering agency. If you have a child in placement at the time of transferring we will ensure that the their placement is not affected.

Our allowances and skills fees are competitive and we are always interested in hearing from skilled and experienced foster carers.

Firstly, we will read your previous Form F Assessment and complete an update describing your fostering experiences to date. This process is shorter than a full Form F Assessment. Then we will undertake a wide range of references and checks including references from your agency or local authority, and social workers who have placed children with you.

We aim to make the transferring process as easy and as seamless as possible for you. Speak to our team today to learn more on 01489 587052 or email

Adult and children walking
Blowing bubbles

Start your fostering journey

Hampshire County Council is looking for people who live in the county or surrounding areas. We are particularly looking for homes for older children, teenagers, siblings and children with disabilities or special needs.

Updates from Twitter

  • Don't let anything hold you back. We're still here ready to support and train you to become the best foster carer…
    8 days ago
  • You can change a child's life and create happy #memories they can cherish forever 💗 Take our free quiz and find ou…
    10 days ago
  • Now is the time to start your #fostering application 👇 Our friendly team are still here and ready to help you star…
    11 days ago

Keep updated @HantsChildren