Inter-country adoption

Inter-country adoption

If you are thinking about adopting a child from a country outside of the UK you still need to be assessed and approved by a recognised adoption agency in this country.

Your assessment is done by a voluntary adoption agency called the Inter Country Adoption Centre if you live in Hampshire.

If you live in Isle of Wight, Southampton or Portsmouth you will need to contact your local authority:

Isle of Wight Council adoption services

Southampton City Council inter-country adoption

Portsmouth City Council adoption services

Hampshire County Council Logo
Isle of Wight Council Logo
Portmouth City Council Logo
Southampton City Council Logo

Adopt South Privacy Notice