Customer care and complaints

Hampshire County Council is committed to providing the best possible services for people living in Hampshire

By telling us what you think about our services, you can help us to continue to improve and make sure we correct any mistakes as quickly as possible. You will not be putting your rights to services at risk, so don’t be afraid to tell us what you think or what has gone wrong.
What you can expect from Adult Services

Our approach is about listening, responding and improving. By listening to your experiences, we can resolve mistakes faster, learn new ways to improve, and hopefully prevent the same problems from happening in the future.

  • We will treat you with respect and dignity
  • We will take your concerns seriously
  • We will always try to sort out your concerns as quickly as possible
  • We will make sure that you have adequate support
Accessible information standard
From July 2016 all organisations providing health or adult social care have to comply with the Accessible Information Standard in relation to direct patient/service user care or services.
Compliments, comments and concerns

If you are happy with any part of the service you receive, then please tell us. Our staff can’t accept gifts, but if you want to recognise their work or to say thank you, then you can contact us as below, and we will record your views, and pass them on to the people involved.

If you have any concerns over any aspect of our services, or you wish to make any comments or suggestions on how we can improve, then please use the online form


Although it may not always be possible to provide everything you want, by knowing about your complaints we can work together to try and put things right.

It is important that you let us know of your complaint as soon as it arises so it can be dealt with promptly. We may not be able to consider complaints made after one year of the event that gives reason for the complaint

For complaints about Adult Services including:

  • care at home: physical and learning disabilities
  • older people
  • residential and nursing care
  • sensory issues: hearing loss and sight loss

Contact us:

by sending a letter, your comments on DVD, audio tape or video

Post to

Information and Complaints Team
Adults’ Health and Care
3rd Floor, EIizabeth II Court West
The Castle, Winchester
SO23 8UQ

by phone

Office hours

0300 555 1386
8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday
8.30am to 4.30pm Friday
Textphone 0300 555 1390

Out of hours

0300 555 1373
5pm to 8.30am, Monday to Thursday
4.30pm Friday to 08.30am Monday
All day on Bank Holidays

Complaints to other organisations
Registered care home or an independent care provider

Ask the provider of the service for a copy of their own complaints procedure and use this

If you have tried or do not want to approach the independent provider directly, please contact ·Adult Services and we will see if we can help.


The Care Quality Commission (CQC)
City Gate, Gallow Gate
Newcastle-upon-Tyne, NE1 4PA
Phone 03000 61 61 61

Health issues

Issues including:

  • Community Health Services
  • Dentists
  • GP practices
  • Pharmacies etc


Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust
Phone 02380 874065

Community Hospitals
Neighbouring authorities

Tell us what you think

Tell us what you think

Information about how to make a complaint, comment, concern, or compliment about adult social care in Hampshire

Alternative formats: