Occupational Therapists (OTs) work with a range of people including those who have physical, mental and/ or social problems, either as a result of accident, illness or ageing. They are aware of the impact that changes in circumstances can have on individual’s independence and confidence.
Depending on your specific difficulties it may be possible to arrange for small adaptations or equipment to be directly provided. However, if the help you need is more complex, and you are eligible, they will arrange for a referral to be sent to your local Occupational Therapy Team for Hampshire. This assessment will take place either at a clinic or at your home.
You will be given advice or help about:
- getting in and out of your home
- managing the stairs
- getting in and out of chairs and beds
- getting on and off and using the toilet
- using the bath or shower
- managing kitchen activities, eg standing at the sink, getting food to a table
Types of solutions available:
- small pieces of equipment and minor adaptations
- advice on easier ways of managing activities
or more substantial changes to your home such as the installation of a stair lift, level access shower or hoisting equipment.
Contact the Occupational Therapy Team and speak with someone trained to give you specialist advice about the difficulties you are having.
- Email email@example.com
- Phone 0300 555 1386 (8.30am to 5pm, Monday to Thursday and 8.30am to 4.30pm Friday)
- Textphone 0300 555 1390