Support for adults over the age of 18 who want to lose weight and have been identified as obese
- Support available
Weight Watchers have been commissioned to support adults living in Hampshire (excludes those living in Southampton and Portsmouth) over the age of 18 who want to lose weight and have been identified as obese (BMI 30+).
Weight Watchers is offering, to those who are eligible:
- a free service tailored to your needs
- digital online support
- membership of a weight loss group for 12 weeks
- Who it is for
You are eligible for this service if you are over the age of 18 years and have a BMI of 30+.
You are also eligible if you are over the age of 18 years, have a BMI of 28+ and at least one of the following applies to you:
- you have Type 1 and 2 Diabetes or Metabolic Syndrome
- you have problems with your heart, circulation, hypertension or high blood pressure
- you have been diagnosed with anxiety/depression
- you need to lose weight before receiving another medical treatment or surgery
- you have a serious long term health condition that is adversely affected by your weight such as muscular skeletal disorders (back pain, mobility issues) and asthma
- you are from a black or ethnic minority background
You will not be eligible if you have already attended self-funded sessions with a commercial weight management provider in the last 3 months
- How to get help
You can refer yourself to this service or be referred by your GP, Practice Nurse or another health professional.
Phone 0345 602 7068 and quote WWRS095 to find out more.
Helpline is available Monday to Friday 8am to 10pm, and weekends from 9am to 5pm.
- If you are pregnant
A separate service will support you to eat healthily and be more active during your pregnancy.
After an initial assessment by a dietitian, support is provided through coaching apps and telephone support.
For more information about this service, phone 0345 602 7068 quoting WWRS096 or talk to your local midwife.
- If you aren't eligible
Information and advice on losing weight or healthy eating is available from: