Advocates are people who can help you to make decisions or to say what you want
Advocates can help you:
- access information and services
- be involved in decisions about your life
- explore choices and options
- defend and promote your rights and responsibilities
- speak out about issues that matter to you
- Finding an advocate
HARG (Hampshire Advocacy Regional Group) is a consortium of five community based organisations. They provide a wide range of statutory and non-statutory advocacy services.
You can also search the community directory on Connect to Support Hampshire for advocacy services.
- Statutory advocacy services
Adult Services has a duty to provide access to advocacy services under the Care Act (to enable everyone to be involved in the social care process) and under the Mental Capacity Act (to help certain people to make specific decisions) and can refer you to one of these services: