Extra Care grants programme
Grant funding for providers of Extra Care developments
The Hampshire County Council grant funding programme is an opportunity for providers to come forward with proposals for Extra Care schemes. A grant will only be made available to support the capital costs of the development of a proposed scheme. It cannot be used to support ongoing requirement for revenue.
Applications for grant funding can be submitted at any time during the life of the grants programme. All applications should be submitted on the template below and be supported by the additional information as set out in the Extra Care Grants Prospectus.
Applications for grant funding will be accepted from any organisation which is engaged in the development of an Extra Care housing scheme for older people which meets the following criteria:
- Hampshire County Council is not engaged in an ongoing procurement process for Extra Care housing for older people, in the immediate geographical area.
- The site identified for development in the grant bid is in the ownership of the bidding organisation, or the bidding organisation has an agreed option to buy.
- The proposed development is in an area of identified need, in accordance with demographic data published on the Project Extra Care page.
- The requested grant is required to ensure that the proposed development offers increased choice of social housing tenure.
- The proposed development has the support of the strategic housing authority (see grants prospectus for more information).
- The landlord of any rented properties will be a Registered Provider (as defined in the Housing and Regeneration Housing Act 2008).
- Access to any rented accommodation will be by means of the local housing register.
- The Registered Provider is signed up to the principle of delivering a scheme for tenants of mixed needs.
- The proposed scheme will deliver a demonstrable benefit to the wider community.
- The proposed scheme scores the minimum required score on the Hampshire County Council Extra Care Site Suitability Analysis Tool as set out within the guidance noted within the tool itself.
If you are interested in our grants programme and want more information, please contact a member of the Hampshire Project Extra Care team: