Hampshire Early Years Education Outreach Service (EYEOS)
Early Years Education Outreach Service offers support to non-maintained Early Years Education (EYE) practitioners
EYE practitioners work in nurseries, pre-schools and as childminders.
- Early Years Education Outreach Service role
We support the children who have been identified by the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Code of Practice as needing additional support.
We work directly with children by:
- modelling of interventions
- coaching and developing skills
- making and loaning resources
- loaning equipment
We work with early years providers to:
- empower staff to support an individual child’s needs
- provide guidance, support and advice with target setting and writing plans
- signpost on to other agencies and support with transitions
- Worries about your child’s development
Talk to your child’s Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCo) and ask if an outreach referral would be appropriate.
- Referral process
- Referral received from health service practitioner or EYE practitioner in consultation with parent/carer
- Inclusion team leader identifies appropriate outreach provider
- Outreach provider visits nursery, pre-school or childminder to plan the strategies and interventions practitioners need to support the child
- Five more visits are made to support and empower the nursery, pre-school or childminder
- Outreach is reviewed to check progress
- Further information
Contact us via our Services for Young Children Offices