Families who are eligible for the Food Voucher Scheme will receive food vouchers for the autumn and winter school holidays. These vouchers are distributed though schools, colleges and early years settings and can be used in nominated supermarkets. The £15 vouchers will be distributed to eligible children for each week of:
- 2 week October Half Term
- 2 week Christmas Holidays
- February Half Term
What is on offer
£15 per eligible child, per week food voucher.
Who is eligible
Children in these categories are eligible:
- All children who are eligible for benefits-related Free School Meals (FSM)
- All children with a social worker
- All children open to early help services
- 16–18-year-olds previously eligible for FSM
- All 2–4-year-olds accessing childcare and eligible for Early Years Pupil Premium
Where to find support
Funding is issued to early years settings, schools, and post-16 providers based on DWP data feeding through to internal systems.
These provisions purchase the vouchers and distribute them to eligible families.
Where you can use the vouchers
Many schools use organisations who issue vouchers that can be used in a variety of supermarkets. Families should check with their education setting to find out more about where the voucher can be used and any restrictions imposed (for example, vouchers cannot be used to buy cigarettes or alcohol).
For more information email: email@example.com