Area Inclusion Co-ordinator Service
The Services for Young Children (SfYC) Area Inclusion Co-ordinator (InCo) Service offers support and guidance on including children with additional needs.
This is for Hampshire’s early years and childcare services such as nurseries, pre-schools, childminders and out of school clubs.
- The role of the Area Inclusion Co-ordinator (Area InCo)
The Area Inclusion Co-ordinator supports, early years and childcare practitioners to develop and enhance their inclusive practice of all children.
Advice and guidance is provided to aid identification and support early interventions for children of concern. It is offered primarily to the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCo) in the early years and childcare service.The role of the Early Years SENCo is very important within early years services. The SENCo takes day-to-day responsibility for the provision made for children with additional needs. They work closely with staff, parents and carers, and other agencies
The Area InCo can also support with ensuring smooth transitions such as from pre-school to a new school.
If you have any concerns regarding your child or your requirements for their care and education in a pre-school service please talk to your child’s SENCo.
- Referral process
- Referral received from nursery, pre-school, out of school club or childminder in consultation with parent/carer
- Area inclusion co-oordinator contacts referrer by telephone
- Area inclusion co-ordinator visits early years service if appropriate
- Actions agreed and recorded
- Review date set to ensure child’s needs are met
- Further information
THOMAS Outreach Programme (TOP) - educational service for pre-school children (between 2 and 4 years old) with social communication difficulties or autism.