Attendance less than 95%.
- Good attendance is important because:
- Statistics show a direct link between under-achievement and absence below 95%
- Regular attenders make better progress, both socially and academically
- Regular attenders find school routines, school work and friendships easier to cope with
- Regular attenders find learning more satisfying
- Regular attenders are more successful in transferring between primary school, secondary school, and higher education, employment or training
Parents can be signposted to information on Southern health NHS Trust’s school nursing webpages to support when their child is well enough to attend school.