Short break activities

There is no limit to the number of short breaks you can take

All children and young people are eligible for extra support if required.

Specialist play schemes

There are specialist holiday and weekend play schemes across Hampshire. Many of these take place at Hampshire’s special schools. Others are based at play facilities designed for children and young people with disabilities or additional needs.

Parent Voice provide information about play schemes, holiday activities and regular clubs. See also the Hampshire Gateway website.

Support for individuals

The short breaks programme can cover cost of helping your child to take part in activities such as Brownies, dance or sports clubs.

You will need to pay the standard cost for the activity. Activity providers can apply for funding to help them include your child in their activities.

Community buddies

Community buddies are trained volunteers or paid workers that provide one-to-one support for your child. Community buddies can help a child or young person take part in any activity they choose.

Other ways to find activities

Register your child for a Gateway Card and choose to receive updates.

You will receive a email before each school holiday, with a link to the Family Information Services Hub website, where you will be able to find out about the latest activities.