Information for activity providers
Information on helping children and young people with disabilities or additional needs to take part in leisure activities
- Learning and development
There are free inclusion eLearning modules available for both specialist and mainstream activity providers. There is also a range of workshops on offer.
- Making your activities more inclusive
These documents give advice on how to make your activities more inclusive.
SENDIASS can help you to promote inclusive activities. Phone 0808 164 5504 or email email@example.com.
- Gateway Card
The Gateway Card gives children and young people with disabilities or additional needs access to activities through the short breaks programme.
Benefits to activity providers
- It's easier to identify children and young people that need extra support
- You can get short breaks funding to help individuals that need extra support. This funding is called ‘support for individuals’
- You can market events and offer activities to Gateway Card holders and their families
- You can offer other benefits to Gateway Card holders, such as first session free, carers go free, discounted rates
- It will be easier to report details of attendees at events and activities funded through the short breaks programme. This means less paperwork for everyone.
Contact us if you would like some Gateway Card leaflets to give to families. Tell us how many leaflets you would like, and the name and address to send them to.
- Provider forums
To receive a copy of information from previous provider forums, please contact the short breaks team by:
- Phone 01962 846399
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Promoting your activities
We advertise activity providers and activities that welcome children and young people with disabilities.