Children and young people from 16 to 25 years

Support for your child icon

Support for your child or young person

We will offer support to your child while they are still in full time education. Our aim is to help your child access a college course and travel to and from college independently.

We will do this by:

  • visiting colleges and supporting the transition to college
  • advising on access to learning, including exams, coursework or practical work
  • looking at opportunities beyond college

Young people who will need further mobility and independence work are referred to Adult Social Care after the age of 18.

Support for the pre-school or nursery icon

Support for the college

We will support the college by:

  • giving advice about the environment and any adaptations required
  • offering training for all those involved with the young person
  • advising on access to different courses or apprenticeships