SEND Information Day
Saturday 24 March 2018
Noadswood School, Dibden Purlieu, Hampshire S045 4ZF
Support4SEND, Parent Voice and Hampshire Parent Carer Network are delighted to say that the SEND Information Day on Saturday 24 March was a great success, and our thanks go to everyone who visited us to browse the exhibits and take part in the workshops and talks. Over 350 parents, carers and professionals came along, so it was an extremely lively day! 44 exhibitors kindly joined us, and were kept busy all day, talking to parents and networking with other exhibitors.
We held 20 sessions of the workshops and talks on a variety of topics relating to SEND, and places quickly filled up. Full programme of workshops and talks.
If you missed any of the presentations, please visit this page again as we will be adding links to some of the workshops and talks soon.
Children and young people who came with their parents had a variety of activities to keep them occupied, including crafts from Caterpillar Crafts, facepainting from Glitz and Sparkle, the sensory tent from Head2Head Theatre, football cricket and golf activities from SaintsAbility, Hampshire Cricket Board and Warren Clark, and not forgetting the marvellous Easter Bunny! For the young people who wanted a quieter space, we had our chill out room where they could use their own Ipads and phones or watch DVDs.
Support4SEND would like to thank:
- our joint organisers, Parent Voice and HPCN
- all the exhibitors and presenters
- the children’s entertainers, SaintsAbility and Warren Clark
- Rose Road Association for serving the refreshments
- the staff at Noadswood School for all their help with organising the event and on the day itself
- the wonderful pupils from Noadswood who stayed with us for the whole day helping visitors to find their way around.