Practical arrangements at your ceremony
Latest Government guidance in relation to Marriages and Civil Partnerships in England are as follows:
- Current restrictions remain in place (on a by exception only basis - when one of the those getting married is to undergo debilitating treatment, life-changing surgery or is seriously ill and not expected to recover - with up to 6 people) prior to 29 March when planned changes are:
- Step 1 (2nd stage): From 29 March – Legal limit of 6 attendees but no longer limited to ‘exceptional circumstances’
- Step 2: No earlier than 12 April - Legal limit of 15 attendees (subject to social distancing requirements – please note the majority of our Register Office ceremony rooms can only accommodate up to 9 people under current requirements)
- Step 3: No earlier than 17 May – Legal limit of 30 attendees (subject to social distancing requirements)
- Step 4: No earlier than 21 June – No legal limit on attendees (subject to the outcome of the scientific Events Research Programme – from April Government will run pilots for events such as large weddings to help determine how measures such as enhanced testing might allow large groups to attend without social distancing.)
As is currently the case, the number allowed to attend includes the couple, witnesses and guests, but those working, such as registration officials and venue managers are not included.
Appointments to give Notice of Marriage and Civil Partnership are available to book online from 1 March, or telephone 0300 555 1392 (Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm).