Adolescent to Parent Violence (APV)
Decision-making and mental capacity - NICE guideline, including recommendations about supporting decision-making and ensuring it is free from coercion.
Safeguarding Adults - 4LSAB Multi-Agency Policy, Process and Guidance - Covering the four Local Safeguarding Adults Boards of Southampton, Hampshire, Isle of Wight and Portsmouth
Children and Young People
Hampshire COVID-19 domestic abuse briefings for schools
- DA - Domestic Abuse COVID briefing for schools #1 - May 2020
- DA - Domestic Abuse COVID briefing for schools #2 - return to school - June 2020
- DA – Domestic Abuse COVID briefing for schools #3 – December 2020
Domestic Abuse short films to reach out to children and young people living with domestic abuse during the COVID pandemic
Created locally in partnership between a young person who lived with domestic abuse , the Phoenix Theatre, YOU Trust & NE Hants DV Forum, these short films seek to deliver some key safety planning messages, information about support available and the importance of talking to someone in order to reduce isolation and feelings of helplessness for young people who may not be on the radar of their schools or other services. Free to access, download and use.
The series is called ‘This Family: Lizzy’s Story’ and is in three parts (password for all is ‘phoenix’):
The charity Surviving Economic Abuse has published a range of useful guidance and support.
Guidance for multi-agency meetings: Mental Health. This report aims to highlight areas of improvement that can be made to support people affected by domestic abuse who are also experiencing mental health problems.
Female survivors of intimate partner violence and risk of depression, anxiety and serious mental illness - British Journal of Psychiatry (2019)
This report explores the relationship between IPV exposure and mental illness in a UK population.
Perpetrators of abuseFactsheets and self-help guides for perpetrators of domestic abuse
Silent 999 calls
Substance misuse (drugs and alcohol)
Technology and abuse
Tech vs Abuse. A report that looks at the ways in which technology can be a tool for an abuser, the areas where technology could help to support victims, and examples of helpful technology that already exists.
Refuge Tech Safety Website: Information and support on tech abuse
Workplace domestic abuse policies
Workplace policy toolkits and guidance for implementation:
- Business in the Community: a domestic abuse toolkit for employers
- Local Government Association (LGA) Model Employment Policy
- Safer Hampshire Business Partnership: Supporting employees affected by domestic abuse guide
- 16 days of action toolkit for businesses
- Hampshire Domestic Abuse Partnership (HDAP) Workplace Support Checklist
Domestic Abuse Films
Please be aware that these short films contain sensitive footage and will not be appropriate for every age group. Adult discretion is advised.
- Domestic violence NHS: Two women describe their experiences of domestic abuse and how they found the strength and support to leave their situation.
- Domestic Abuse: Caught on Camera. A 27-minute Panorama documentary featuring Hampshire Constabulary and revealing harrowing footage and other evidence of domestic violent incidents.
- Right to Choose: The consequences of forced marriage. A UK government video which intends to highlight the devastating impact of forced marriage on both victims and families.
- Jasvinder Sanghera – My Story. A Home Office interview with Jasvinder Sanghera; a victim of honour based violence and forced marriage.
The following films are suitable for teenagers but adult discretion is advised. Please watch first before showing to a child or ask a trusted person to watch with you.
- Abuse in relationships: Would you stop yourself? A Home Office ‘This Is Abuse’ campaign aimed at teenagers highlighting abuse in younger relationships.
- Is It Love? A Film about abusive relationship. A short, animated film about abusive relationships, made up of interviews given by young victims of domestic violence who share their poignant stories openly and honestly.
- YungStar Fast Car Tracy Chapman Cover – Bridgend Women’s Aid. Showing domestic abuse between parents. This may be upsetting for some pupils to watch.