Column display of multimedia items
The media unit is used to highlight a multimedia item (video, image, audio, infographic) and provide an additional text description.
Media units can be used in isolation, or as part of a listing.
This text provides a little summary of the video you can see here. This video is about waste and recycling in Hampshire.
- WCMS use
Inserting the unit
- From the Experience Editor, select a placeholder at least 8 columns (66%) wide and press the 'add here' insert option.
- Browse Renderings > Building Blocks > Media and choose 'MediaUnit'
- Browse to an existing media unit content item, or create a new one (which will default to being a child item of the page)
Creating the content
The media unit has two columns:
- Column one has an image field (for a thumbnail image to associate with an audio file), and a placeholder that allows the insertion of a YouTube component
- Column two has a rich-text field for the description of the media item, it also has a placeholder that allows the insertion of an audio file with an associated inline player.
- MVC.net use
@Html.Sitecore().Field("MediaUnit_Image") @Html.Sitecore().DynamicPlaceholder("mediaunit_first") @Html.Sitecore().Field("MediaUnit_Description") @Html.Sitecore().DynamicPlaceholder("mediaunit_second")
- Version and status