A guide to link items in the WCMS
It is possible to link items together via placeholders and grids. For example, it is possible to create a linked image group within Common Content and then link this to a feature slider. Similarly, it is possible to link pages to overlay images and tiles. This guide will give an overview of how to set up link items and add link details.
- WCMS use
It is possible to add link details to any page in the Content Tree.
To do this:
- Click on the page you would like to add link information to
- In its properties, it is possible to add a link title, caption, choose an icon style and colour, image. There is no need to add the URL as this will automatically be picked up.
- When this page is added as a link to renderings such as overlay images, tiles etc., the details added will appear (e.g. image, icon, title).
It is also possible to create linked image groups.
To do this:
- Go to Common Content>Images>Image groups
- Right click to insert a 'LinkedImageGroup'. Name your group.
Right click on the LinkedImageGroup to insert a Linked image. In its properties it is possible to edit the title, caption, target URL, and image. This means that when this linked image/LinkedImageGroup is used in a rendering (such as feature slider), this information will appear and be used
- MVC.net use
- Version and status