The Extra Help page displays between three and five step icons with up to three anchor links each.
Below, on the left hand side, each step includes a text block and any associated warning or related messages to the right hand side.
My sickness page with personalisation for Hampshire County Council:-
My sickness page with personalisation for Hampshire Constabulary (using the same page in sitecore):-
- WCMS use
From the Content tree, navigate to the place you want to add the new page. Right-click and choose Insert > HCC_Extra_HelpPage.
Give the page a name, following our standards for page names.
Update the Page title and summary and other standard fields as described under general page authoring.
Navigate to the Page metadata section and update the Keywords, Description and Tags fields:
- Keywords - use words that don't appear on the page but are still related, for example, leave and holiday
- Description - this can be the same as the summary field
- Tags - use the arrow keys to move tags to the right hand side in the Selected field. There are four groups of tags you need to consider:-
- Audience - employees, managers, volunteers, school-based staff, councillors
- Organisation - HCC, HFRS, HC, OCC, OPCC, HCC Schools, OCC Schools, London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster County Council
- Categories: staff information - ess, finance (and potentially sub tags)
- System: IBC portal - use the form tags as applicable
Create a new Text Block item for each step but when you add it to the page, follow the Experience Editor guidance below as it needs to be inserted inside a Help Step first.
If you need text block items for more than one organisation then name them with their tag on the end, for example, sicknessoverview-HCC and sicknessoverview-HC.
From the Content tree, navigate to common-content, Extra and Help Steps. Then find or create your folder to insert your Help Step.
Right click on the folder and choose Insert and then HelpStep. Give the step a name and once again if there is more than one organisation with the same step name, add a tag.
Navigate to the Content section and update the Heading, Icon and Links fields:
- Heading - this will be your step heading that will appear underneath the icon
- Icon - press browse and navigate, using the tree view to icons, extranet icons and then choose from a list of icons and choose Select
- Links - you will need to come back to this step later as you will need to complete the Help Step anchor links section first. This effectively will tell the step it has an anchor link and will point to the relevant message on the page
Help Step message
From the Content tree, navigate to common-content, Extra and HelpStepMessages. Then find or create your folder to insert your Help Step Message.
Navigate to the Data section and update the Heading and Content fields:
- Heading - this will appear as a heading 3 title for your message (or related field links)
- Content - Choose Show editor and add the text for the message. Try to keep it short and concise. Choose Accept.
Help Step anchor links
To test if personalisation has worked, type in the following text (in between the quotation marks) on the end of the hyperlink for the relevant organisation:-
- For Hampshire County Council - "?roleName=HCC Employee"
- For Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service - "?roleName=HFRS Employee"
- For Hampshire Constabulary - "?roleName=HC Employee"
- For Oxfordshire County Council - "?roleName=OCC Employee"
- For Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner - "?roleName=OPCC Employee"
- For Hampshire Schools - "?roleName=HCC School"
- For Oxfordshire Schools - "?roleName=OCC School"
- (Add three London Boroughs when ready)
- MVC.net use
- Version and status