A resource listing template is for when a content author wants to create search style pages for a content area. This allows for filtering of files or information into relevant categories. An author can set up multiple categories.
A resource listing can display information as a lightbox.
Additionally see example image at foot of page.
- WCMS use
Metadata and Lookup Values
- To set up a searchable resource listing you need to create a metadata item so the resources load onto the page. An example can be found by opening: Common-content > Global settings > metadata > benefits > educationandskills. Right click educationandskills (or at another suitable location) and choose Insert and then LookUpValueGroup. Enter a name for the new item in lower case and select OK
- Duplicate a Lookup Value by right clicking on an item (that looks like binoculars) and then select Duplicate. Move this item to the desired location as a child under your new LookUpValueGroup
- The name, value and description of the Lookup Value are all the same
- Create as many Lookup Values as you need.
- You can use metadata items from any LookUpValueGroup if necessary
- Resource items are placed in: Common-content > Service content
- Add a folder to hold the resource items by expanding Service content and then the folder where you want your content to be located. Right click on the parent page and choose Insert and then Folder. Give your folder a name and select OK. Its good practice to match the page structure in terms of folder location
- Add Resource items within the folder by duplicating others from a different folder. The fields that need to be considered are:
Title and Description This will appear in the very top part of your resource item.
The title is actually a link. If you're linking to an internal Sitecore page this will take the title of that page. In Content Editor in the Title field click Insert link and navigate to the page and highlight it. The description of a page can be added in the description field at this point.
If you are linking to a HantsFile document then click Insert external link and paste the HantsFile link into the URL field. Add a description and click Insert.
Thumbnail image In the thumbnail image field click Browse. Find your image in the navigation and click Insert. The image will need to be approximately 250 pixels x 250 pixels. Metadata In the Metadata field find where your meta data is located and then double click on each skill to move it to the Selected field.
Resource item page
- In the content tree, right click and select Insert > Insert from template
- Choose Page templates > HCC_ResourceItem
- In Link details fill in the fields Link title, Link caption, LinkItem_ButtonLabel and add a Link image.
- In the Resource Listing section select the drop down in the Resource items location field and navigate to the parent folder of your new resource items. In the filter add the parent folders for each of the meta data items you have used.
- In the Summary information section fill in Page title and the Summary of page fields
Check that the content is being populated on your page after saving.
If you need information to appear as a lightbox then you need to make new TextToFullWidth pages underneath the HCC_ResourceItem page.
Right click your resource item and choose Insert and then click Insert from template. Expand Page Templates and highlight HCC_TextToFullWidth. Click Insert. The page can have any items on it but be mindful of how you want it to be displayed inside the lightbox. The lighbox will be smaller than an average page. A good example can be found by clicking abseiling on the Hampshire Outdoor Centre activities page.
Location of elements on Resource item page
The below image gives you visual guidance of which element populates what on the page.
- MVC.net use
- Version and status