Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 200g potatoes cut into small cubes
- 15g butter
- A small onion, finely chopped
- 375ml boiling water
- 1 stock cube
- 100ml milk
- Pinch of parsley and a pinch of chives (or your chosen choice of herbs)
- 1 slice of roast ham, roughly chopped
- Slice of bread and butter
- Sizzle the butter in a saucepan, and toss in the onion and potato cubes. Heat for about 5 minutes.
- Drop in the stock cube and cover with boiling water. Shake in the herbs and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Pour in the milk and get blending (or mashing) until the soup becomes smoother (a few lumps also work great) and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve with chopped ham, and bread and butter. Or toast it for that extra crunch if the bread is frozen or a few days old (even better)!