Serves: 2 people
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking: 1 to 2 minutes
- 1 large onion, peeled and chopped
- A handful of cooked potatoes, sliced
- Half a pepper roughly chopped
- 2 to 3 cloves of garlic, crushed (optional)
- 3 eggs
- Teaspoon of dried herbs
- Grated parmesan or hard cheese (e.g. cheddar)
- Seasoning to taste
- 1 tsp oil for frying
- In a large frying pan, fry the onion on a gentle heat until it is transparent.
- Add the cooked potatoes and pepper and fry and until they are golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs with the herbs so that they are all combined.
- Gently pour the egg mixture into the frying pan, making sure you pull the mixture into the middle of the pan to ensure the egg mixture cooks evenly.
- Leave for a minute or so, until the omelette is browned underneath and the egg has fully set.
- Then flip out on to the plate!