Support for your child or young person
We will offer support to your child while they are still in full time education. Our aim is to help your child access a college course and travel to and from college independently.
We will do this by:
- visiting colleges with you and supporting the transition to college
- advising on access to learning, including exams, coursework or practical work
- looking at opportunities beyond college
Young people who will need further mobility and independence work are referred to Adult Social Care after the age of 18.
Support for the college
We will support the college by:
- giving advice about the environment and any adaptations required
- training for all those involved with the child