Santa cruises 2018
Our popular Christmas cruises are back for 2018
- What happens on the cruise
Climb aboard our boat Rosebud and take a gentle cruise to the start of the tinsel trail in the woods.
Little ones lead the way and follow the trail to find Father Christmas in his grotto and receive a special gift!
Cruise back to the Centre and head into Santa’s Workshop for Christmas colouring activities, warm drinks & mince pies for all!
- How to book
£15.50 per person – Evening trips
£15 per person – Weekends & 3.30pm trips
£12 per person for all other trips
Book from 1 October- 9am
Spaces can be purchased either over the phone on 01252 370073 or in person at the Canal Centre.
- Tips for your booking
- Be aware that this event books up extremely quickly!
- Maximum number of 12 spaces per trip
- To speed up the booking process, have a few dates in mind, along with the names and ages of the children and the number of adults attending
Useful information on the day of your trip:
- Ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the boat is due to depart, unfortunately due to the nature of the event the boat can not wait for late arrivals
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear
- Bring a camera, Father Christmas loves to have his photo taken!
- On evening trips we provide torches for the children (and some of the adults)
- Terms and conditions
- There are a maximum of 12 spaces per trip, and a maximum booking of 12 spaces per person
- No provisional bookings. Bookings over the phone must be confirmed by payment with credit/debit card
- We do not accept the American Express
- We regret bookings cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. We will offer a refund if we are able to sell the spaces to another family or if the Basingstoke Canal Authority (BCA) cancel the trip
- No refund will be offered if customers arrive late and the boat has departed on time
- A 50% refund will be offered should there be a fault with the boat and is out of service. The group will be led to the grotto from the canal centre walking along the gold tinsel trail. The group will still spend the same amount of time with Father Christmas in his grotto
- Changes after the booking will be charged a £5 admin fee. Any changes on the day of the trip will be charged a £10 admin fee
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make note of the time and date of the trip when booking
- Evening trips start from 4pm
- School holidays trips from Wednesday 19
- Maximum age for children is 12 years
- Children over the age of one have to be legally allocated a space, therefore will be charged at full rate
- We regret that we cannot accept any additional presents. All presents handed out by Father Christmas are supplied by the BCA only
- We do not allow any walkers when there is space on the boat, at the time of booking and on the day of the trip.
- Adult participation is required, this is a Father Christmas rule.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor weather. Be aware of the naturally occurring hazards in a wood, such as exposed tree roots in pathways and low hanging branches
- Children’s behaviour is the responsibility of the attending adult/s. Should the child/children not behave in an appropriate manner and considerably lower the enjoyment of others, the adult/s will be asked to remove the child/children from the grotto
- Only assistance dogs are allowed on the boat and grotto. All other dogs are allowed on the boat should nobody object, but not allowed in the grotto
- Smoking is not permitted on the boat or in the grotto
- The BCA reserve the right to refuse entry