Santa cruises 2019 - Sold out
Our popular Christmas cruises are back for 2019
A waiting list is running for any cancellations
- What happens on the cruise
Climb aboard our boat Rosebud and take a gentle cruise to the start of the tinsel trail in the woods.
Little ones lead the way and follow the trail to find Father Christmas in his grotto and receive a special gift!
Cruise back to the Centre and head into Santa’s Workshop for Christmas colouring activities, warm drinks & mince pies for all!
- How to book
- £16 per person - All evening trips and all trips on the 20th - 23rd December
- £15.50 per person – Weekends (excluding 21st & 22nd) & 3.30pm trips
- £12.50 per person - All other trips
Book from 9am on 30th September
On the Google calendar scroll to December.
The calendar will be updated at the end of each day. Please contact the office for current availability. Phone 01252 370073.
Spaces can be purchased either over the phone on 01252 370073 or in person at the Canal Centre.
- Tips for your booking
- Be aware that this event books up extremely quickly!
- Maximum number of 12 spaces per trip
- To speed up the booking process, have a few dates in mind, along with the names and ages of the children and the number of adults attending
- Useful information on the day
- Santa Cruise trips operate from the Canal Visitor Centre in Mytchett, GU16 6DD
- Ensure that you arrive 10 minutes before the boat is due to depart, unfortunately due to the nature of the event the boat can not wait for late arrivals
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear
- Bring a camera, Father Christmas loves to have his photo taken!
- On evening trips we provide torches for the children (and some of the adults)
- Terms and conditions
- There are a maximum of 12 spaces per trip, and a maximum booking of 12 spaces per person
- No provisional bookings. Bookings over the phone must be confirmed by payment with credit/debit card
- Unfortunately we do not accept American Express
- Only one booking per phone call
- We regret bookings cannot be exchanged or refunded after purchase. We will offer a refund if we are able to sell the spaces to another family or if the Basingstoke Canal Authority (BCA) cancel the trip
- No refund will be offered should the customers be running late and the boat has departed on time
- A 50% refund will be offered should there be a fault with the boat and is out of service. The group will be led to the grotto from the canal centre walking along the gold tinsel trail. The group will still spend the same amount of time with Father Christmas in his grotto
- Changes after the booking will be charged a £5 admin fee. Any changes on the day of the trip will be charged a £10 admin fee
- It is the responsibility of the customer to make note of the time and date of the trip when booking
- Evening trips start from 4pm
- Maximum age for children is 12 years
- Children over the age of one have to be legally allocated a space, therefore will be charged at full rate
- We regret that we cannot accept any additional presents. All presents handed out by Father Christmas are supplied by the BCA only
- We do not allow any walkers when there is space on the boat, at the time of booking and on the day of the trip.
- Adult participation is required, this is a Father Christmas rule.
- Wear suitable clothing and footwear for outdoor weather. Be aware of the naturally occurring hazards in a wood, such as exposed tree roots in pathways and low hanging branches
- Children’s behaviour is the responsibility of the attending adult/s. Should the child/children not behave in an appropriate manner and considerably lower the enjoyment of others, the adult/s will be asked to remove the child/children from the grotto
- Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Yurt
- Only assistance dogs are allowed on the boat
- Smoking is not permitted on the boat or in the grotto
- The BCA reserve the right to refuse entry