The country park is minutes from the M27 and within a 5 minute walk from Netley train station.
Our friendly onsite team will help to ensure that your event is a success.
We offer a 10% discount to all charity and community groups on production of their charitable number.
Overlooking parkland and situated within a Grade II listed building, the Empire Room offers a classical setting for your event. This light and airy room comes equipped with a raised stage, wooden flooring and a cosy private garden. Whether you are planning a conference, performance, wedding or family get-together this versatile space is easily adapted to meet your needs.
Holds up to 100 seated guests (theatre style).
- Half day 9am to 1pm or 1.30pm to 4.30pm
- Full day 9am to 4.30pm
|Day||Full day||Half day|
|Monday to Thursday||£200||£135|
|Friday to Sunday||£375|
Prices for block bookings may be negotiated.
Large event fields
Located in a prime position at the front of the park, ideally situated next to the iconic Chapel, our two largest event fields offer a flexible venue for your large public event or show.
Full day 9am to 4.30pm.
|Location||Price per day||Metres²||Acres|
|Chapel Field North||£650||10,000m²||2.64 acres|
|Chapel Field South||£750||12,000m²||3 acres|
|Lower Terrace North||£300||6,000m²||1.5 acres|
|Lower Terrace South||£300||6,000m²||1.5 acres|
Available all year. Contact the park for booking information and prices
|Hawthorns BBQ site||1300²||0.32 acres|
|Oak BBQ site||1100²||0.27 acres|
The Chapel is closed until summer 2018 while conservation work takes place.
Contact the Park on 02380 455157 if you want to hire the Chapel when it re-opens.
Terms and conditions
The following terms apply to all venues and facilities hired at Royal Victoria Country Park:
- 50% non refundable deposit on room hire
- 30% non refundable deposit on field hire
- Room hirers must use our contract caterers unless there are exceptional circumstances which should be discussed with the Park Management
- Rates include overheads (electricity, water, staffing costs for room set up/dismantle and evening)
- There is a pay and display system in operation at the park and fines are in operation for non display of parking tickets
- Non commercial includes charity
- Non HCC deposits must be paid by cheque or credit card. All HCC deposits must be paid by parked journal. The balance of the room and equipment hire plus all pre-booked catering services is payable 28 days prior to the event date
- For events booked within 28 days of the room hire date, full payment is required upfront before the function
- Any cancellation notice must be confirmed in writing. In the event of cancellation of services, the following charges will apply:
- Less than 14 days prior to the function: 100% of final costs
- More than 14 days: loss of deposit
- The hirer is responsible for ensuring that the premises are kept clean, tidy and secure at all times and complying with health and safety procedures
- The hirer shall immediately report and indemnify HCC from and against any claim, demand, loss, damage or injury
Book a BBQ site
Explore the park to see all our facilities. Select BBQ to find out more about each BBQ site and make a booking.