First things first, let me introduce myself. I’m Laura Hurdley and I’m a Senior Project Manager working on the transformation project at Lepe Country Park. Together with Anna Bedford the Park Manager and her team, we’ll be bringing you regular updates about what’s going on at the park day to day as well as all the new improvements coming to the park in 2017 and beyond.
Thank you to those of you who have already added ideas to the suggestion box in the café at Lepe. We have listened to what you’ve said and hopefully you’ll see a lot of your ideas popping up around the park such as more play equipment and better car parking.
So what are these new improvements I hear you ask? Well, we’ll be covering them all in more detail over the coming months but here’s a quick whistle stop tour:
- A new visitor centre with a café, lots more seating inside and out, a wood burner to keep you cosy in the colder months, more toilets and an information point so you can find out about all our events and trails and treat yourself to a Lepe souvenir too
- Across the road, our fantastic volunteers - The Friends of Lepe - have started creating a sensory garden and accessible paths for the days when you want more than just a beach!
- Redesign of the cliff-top and beach side car parks making it safer to reach the beach, including more defined parking bays and sorting our the drainage so the top car park is available all year round
- Anew rigging area and outdoor shower for windsurfers and those of you who use Lepe for watersports
- Revamping the play area – more on that in the next blog post.
This is just a snippet of what is proving to be a very exciting time planning the future of the park.
We look forward to sharing updates and photographs with you as we progress – and feel free to let us know of any suggestions you have for future blogs or anything else at the park via email firstname.lastname@example.org or if you’re down at Lepe you can always pop into the office and talk to the friendly team on site.