When Sir Harold moved into Jermyn's House the land around it was fields and paddocks. These were used for growing plants for the nursery. Sir Harold planted some of his treasured plants close to the house. The lawn at the side of the house was his private garden and here he planted the yew hedge for privacy. He also planted many other trees including Metasequoia glyptostroboides. These were from the original batch of seeds received by the Arnold Arboretum from China and distributed in 1948.
The rooms inside Jermyn's House are the Gardens' administration offices. It is also used as a meeting venue and the Jermyn's House Tea Rooms.
Looking good now All year Formal planting Accessible gardens