There are many ways that you can get involved and help to support our gardens now and for years to come
- Volunteer with us
The Sir Harold Hillier Gardens operate a highly successful and rewarding volunteer scheme.
We have a wonderful team of about 160 volunteers who help in many areas of the Gardens, including:
- working with the Horticultural Team in the Gardens
- working in the Education Team
- helping at events
- working in Visitor Services
You can volunteer part-time on a weekly or monthly basis. Training is available with the opportunity to learn gardening methods and attend workshops and talks.
Whatever skills you can offer us, volunteering at the Gardens is a great way of meeting like-minded people and making new friends.
- Member get member scheme
Are you a current member at Sir Harold Hiller Gardens and want to earn a £5 voucher to spend here?
All you have to do is persuade your friends or family to take out a joint or individual membership for Sir Harold Hillier Gardens.
You will be sent a £5 gift voucher for each new membership taken out.
Applies to new members only, who have not been a member at the Gardens in the last 6 months.
Offer ends 28 February 2018. Terms and conditions apply.Print off the voucher, fill it in, and give it to a friend. The friend must hand it in to the Visitor Service desk when they take out their new membership.
Terms and conditions
- New members only
- Based on Direct Debit membership only
- Applies to new members only not upgrades on memberships
- New member must not have been a member within the last 6 months at Sir Harold Hillier Gardens
Closing date 28 February 2018. After this date no vouchers will be accepted
- Existing members can make referrals during the Campaign Period, there is no cap on the maximum number of successful referrals
- Each £5 gift voucher will be issued to the referring member for each new membership taken – (Membership is either a joint or individual membership taken out at the same address ) and if the new member/s have not been a member in the last 6 months
- It is not £5 per new member it is £5 per membership. (New joint memberships taken out will qualify for a £5 gift voucher)
- Voucher must be redeemed in full – no change given. No cash alternative
- Gift voucher to be redeemed to the value stated against admission, membership, events, workshops or food and beverages and are valid for 1 year from date of issue
- Gift vouchers are not valid in the gift shop or the plant centre
- SHHG reserves the right to end the campaign, postpone it, refine it or continue with it for any set period of time
- Any questions please contact Sir Harold Hillier Gardens on 01794 369318
- Tree adoption
Adopting a tree is a very special living gift. Over the years it can be enjoyed and treasured by you and future generations. It also helps us to continue to develop and maintain our beautiful collection of trees and plants within the Gardens.
We know the importance of selecting the right tree. You may have a favourite species or wish to adopt a tree in an area that you particularly like. We will discuss your request with you to make sure that you are happy with your decision. Once a suitable tree is chosen, it will be labelled with the name of the person for whom it is adopted.
Our trees can be adopted from £400. You will receive an adoption certificate for your tree along with six complimentary tickets to visit the Gardens.
- Memorial benches
A commemorative bench provides a wonderful focal point for remembering the life of a special person. We welcome your support to enable us to add new benches to the Gardens. We always aim to find a suitable location in the Gardens with you for your bench.
All our benches are made to order from hardwood, using sustainable materials and last at least ten years, most much longer.
6ft benches cost £1,000 and 8ft benches cost £1,200. This price includes:
- a commemorative plaque with your own personal wording (max 20 words)
- engraving costs
- six complimentary entry tickets to visit the gardens
For further information, phone us on 01794 369318.Benches and trees for political parties or pressure groups cannot be accepted
We would love to hear from you if you would like to sponsor a feature within the Gardens.
Sponsorship by grant-giving organisations, private companies and individuals has made the following features possible:
- the All Ability Path network
- replanting the Centenary Border
- the new Wisteria Border
- the redevelopment of Hydrangea Walk
- Leave a legacy
Once you have looked after family and friends, please consider remembering Sir Harold Hillier Gardens in your will.
As a charitable trust, our work relies on donations. Leaving a gift in your will means you can continue the support you have given us during your lifetime. This help means that our beautiful gardens are maintained and developed into the future.
There are many ways to leave a legacy gift to us and we would always recommend you speak to a solicitor. But if you want an informal and no obligation conversation, phone our director on 01794 369317/8.
Over the years your kind donations have helped us:
- develop the Gardens
- add to our plant collection
- buy specialist books for our library
- undertake education and interpretation projects
- help support trainees at the Gardens
Any size donation is much appreciated and lets us continue our work in:
To make a donation you can either use our donation box on the Visitor Services desk, or phone us on 01794 369318.
If you wish to support the Gardens you could make a donation by; visiting the Ticket Desk, call us (01794 369318) or donate online.