At Sir Harold Hillier Gardens we provide an excellent education service on site and outreach.
Using exciting environmental games and activities, the Gardens’ experienced staff and volunteers assemble day programmes which provide valuable links to all parts of the National Curriculum to all key stages and specialise in Science, Art, Geography, Maths, English, and Team building.
Our facilities and services include:
- purpose-built Education Centre set within 180 acres of ground
- children's Education Garden
- experienced Education Officers to organise and lead the activities
- specialist days
- indoor classrooms for follow-up work and wet weather activities, free for guided visits
- free use of all equipment on guided visits
- free pre-visits for all teachers, by appointment
- dedicated children's toilets in the Education Centre
- picnic lunches may be eaten in or near the Education Centre
- use of the Education Centre is free for guided groups
Believing that much of what we do has therapeutic as well as educational value, we welcome individuals and groups with additional needs. The Education Centre facilities and most of the Gardens are accessible to wheelchair users.
We have one Landeez wheelchair which is available free on loan. Contact us if you would like to borrow it.
Excellent input in a perfect setting! Where else such diversity and wow factor?!
"The children were engaged all day and having so much fun they didn't even realise they were learning.
Super activities and walk, led by an enthusiastic and knowledgeable guide."
- Poulner Junior School