Visitors and families
Information for visitors and families coming to the GardensThe 180 acre Gardens are a wonderful place to explore all year round.
- Food and drink
- Our restaurant is located at the visitor pavilion and is open everyday from 10am
- We serve a range of great value home cooked meals, with fresh and locally sourced seasonal ingredients
- The menu includes breakfast, hot and cold lunches, Sunday roast, snacks, cakes, ice creams and drinks
- There is no need to book a table
- Our Tea Rooms are located in Jermyn’s House within the Gardens
- It is open all year except when there is a private function
- We serve light lunches, afternoon teas, cakes, ice creams and drinks
- Enjoy your picnic outside in the Gardens. We have picnic tables available
- Find out about the exciting dining events we run throughout the year
- Gardens and play features
The Gardens are full of exciting play features which are suitable for all abilities. Children of all ages love playing on our fabulous tree house, Flying Carpet and new Super Snake swings.
Watch the fish in the pond, run through the Bamboo Tunnels, over the Wobbly Bridge and Board Walk, or play Pokemon Go!.
You may like to try geocaching, an outdoor treasure hunting game. Print the geocaching instructions and bring them with you to the gardens.
Why not head up towards the Woods of the World to investigate our woodlands and visit the rare breed pigs.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult in the Gardens at all times
- Only assistance dogs are allowed in the Gardens
- No ball games, children’s scooters or bikes are allowed in the Gardens
- The Education Garden
We have a fantastic Education Garden where all ages can learn through play.
There are bamboo chimes, herbs and wildlife to discover in the small education ponds.
We also offer seasonal, self-guided activity trails. The Children’s Education Garden encourages discovery of the natural environment in a fun way.
- Events and activities
We have events and activities for children, including fun days, butterfly days, pond dipping and bushcraft events.
- Find out what's on for children and families
We hold gardening and leisure workshops, concerts, exhibitions and more.
- Find out what's on for all visitors