Groups and tours
We welcome group visits and can help you to plan your perfect dayThe 180 acre gardens are a wonderful place to let your children explore all year round.
- Our facilities and attractions
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens makes the perfect setting for a memorable day out. Explore, relax and discover these award winning 180 acre gardens.
We host a range of excellent facilities and attractions:
- a magnificent collection of thousands of trees and shrubs from around the world
- restaurant and tea rooms
- summer Art in the Garden exhibition
- gift shop
- plant centre
- dedicated free coach parking
- all ability path network and mobility scooters for hire
- indoor art/craft exhibitions throughout the year
The Gardens have a dedicated coach drop off point and fast track entry to make your trip stress free.
- Seasonal highlights
Seasonal highlights to help plan your visit.
One of the most delightful times to visit the gardens with Magnolia Avenue and Spring Walk. See the carpets of spring bulbs in full bloom and Japanese flowering cherries in full glory. Head into Brentry Woodland, a must-see spectacle of vibrant rhododendrons and colourful azaleas.
The iconic Centenary Border is the longest double herbaceous border in the UK. A kaleidoscope of colour, stunning from May through to October. Also enjoy the tranquility of the pond, banked by lush foliage and giant Gunnera.
Sir Harold Hillier Gardens is world-renowned for its display of autumn colour. There are hundreds of Champion Trees on show. Autumn is a great time to see the autumn fruits, berries and fungi. Not forgetting the Heather Gardens, awash with pretty purples hues.
Enjoy one of the largest winter gardens of its kind in Europe. It has many plants selected to be at their best between November and March. See the bold stem and bark colours and smell the incredible scents. Don’t miss the hellebores, drifts of snowdrops and carpets of cyclamen.
- Food and drink
Our contemporary 100 seater Pavilion Restaurant is ideal for groups. A range of delicious home cooked meals are available, using locally sourced seasonal ingredients. Ask about our set menu options.
Jermyn’s House, the Victorian manor house is an idyllic setting within the Gardens. Enjoy light lunches and delicious cream teas, served in the house or on the lawn. Pre-purchase catering vouchers are available for groups.
Phone Visitor Services on 01794 369317/8 if you would like to purchase catering vouchers.
- Guided tours
Why not book a guided tour with our knowledgeable horticultural experts.
- Seasonal tours are helpful and informative with the opportunity to ask questions
- Tours are competitively priced and can be booked in advance (some foreign language tours maybe available)
- Tours last around 1.5 hours
Would you prefer to discover the gardens on your own? All group members receive a free ‘plants of current interest’ leaflet and colour map, ideal for self-guided visits.
- Access around the gardens
The gardens and buildings are accessible with an all-ability path network and accessible toilets.
Mobility scooters and wheelchairs are available for a small hire charge of £3.95 for 3 hours. Please book in advance of your visit. To book this service, please state on your booking form or contact us on 01794 369318.
- Group booking benefits
- Special group rates (for parties of 10+)
- Free coach parking, easy drop off and collection point
- Free colour map showing current plants of interest
- Free refreshment voucher for the coach driver
- Free entry for the coach driver
- Book your group visit
We recommend that all group visits are pre-booked to ensure your day runs smoothly.
We are happy to help with any queries you may have. Contact the team if you need help with any queries:
- Phone 01794 369318
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
To book, complete the group booking form. After we receive your completed booking form, we will contact you to confirm arrangements.