- Details of the Centre’s facilities, opening times and availability can be found on our website. The main gate is locked each night between 23:30 – 06:00, occasional changes to these times will be posted on the website particularly over the Christmas period.
- Centre facilities are available at customers own risk. In the event of theft, damage to property or injury to persons, Hampshire County Council accepts no liability unless there is any negligence on the part of Hampshire County Council, its servants or agents. All sailing dinghies, catamarans, trimarans, wind or kite boards, caravans and any other property brought onto site must be insured against public liability claims to at least £½ million, all powered craft (other than tenders) and all vehicles insured to at least £2 million.
- Boat and windsurf storage and boat launch customers must comply with the CAC Marine Rules in addition to these Site rules.
- The Calshot Camping Field Rules must be observed in addition to these Site Rules by those staying on the Camping Field CAC Camping Field Rules
- Site speed limits must be observed and relevant annual or daily parking and launching fees must be paid.
- On safety grounds bathing is forbidden from the beaches between the small spit west of the Sopwith Hangar and the Café/Bar (mid Sunderland Hangar), as there are strong currents and numerous powered craft in this area.
- For customer and child protection reasons the following areas are closed to the public; Houston/Lawrence/Keymer/Mitchell (residential) Houses, Sopwith & Schneider hangars, initiative course, high ropes and canoe pool.
- Children on site must always be accompanied by a responsible adult. Dangers include the quay and pontoon, castle moat, jetty and the creek mud.
- The launching and use of private drones on the site is strictly forbidden.
- A dress code applies in all buildings, minimum of vest top and shorts please. Changing outdoors is forbidden unless done with due modesty and consideration for child protection.
- All site users are requested to keep the site clean and tidy by using rubbish bins provided or taking their litter home.
- The camping field facilities (grey water drainage / chemical disposal) are only for those who have paid the appropriate overnight pitch fees.
- Dogs are only permitted on site on a short lead and on a ‘poop & scoop’ basis. Litter bins and skips can be used for disposal of bagged dog dirt. No dogs (except for guide dogs) are permitted in any building.
- No overnight sleeping in vehicles / craft permitted unless the required fees have been paid.
- Customers are required to behave in a responsible manner to achieve harmonious enjoyment of the site’s facilities by all users. Noise should be kept to a minimum particularly near accommodation buildings and on the camp site during evening hours.
- The Director or his nominated officer may suspend or terminate access to the site of those failing to comply with reasonable requests by members of Calshot Activities Centre staff to do this. No refund of fees will be granted. If in the Director or nominated officer’s opinion the behaviour would constitute gross misconduct, suspension will be immediate and the person must leave the site. There will be an initial right of appeal to the line manager and final right of appeal to a specially convened panel of three persons independent of the local authority, Calshot Association and Centre users. Costs will be met by the appellant if the suspension / termination is upheld.
About these rules
Revised February 2021