Are you the next Olympic Champion?
Then come along to our annual climbing competition at Calshot Activities Centre. Test your climbing capabilities with Speed, Boulder and Difficulty competitions all in one day.
The competition is aimed at beginners and experienced climbers alike and there are six different age/gender categories, with prizes available for each.
Competition categories include:
- 12 years old and under
- 13 - 16 years old
- Adult Open
- Each category will be split into male and female groups.
Points are awarded for each of the following rounds. The highest overall points wins:
- Speed - an easy climb for you to scale as quickly as possible
- Boulder - 10 problems for you to attempt - reaching the top in as few tries as possible gains points
- Difficulty - climb until you fall off or reach the top - the higher you climb the more points you score
- Plus, a fun bonus round for extra points - come and see on the day to see what this entails!
NB in the difficulty round there will be an 'easy' or a 'hard' climb for you to chose from. The hard climb will potentially score you more points. Competitors 12 years and under will top rope their climbs, all other categories will have the option of lead or top rope with more climbs being available to the lead climbers.
12 & under & 13-16
Registration from 10am. The competitions start at 11am and should be finished by approximately 4pm
Registration from 11.30am. Competitions start at 12.30pm and should be finished by approximately 6pm
NB All timings approximate.
Early bird saver! Book online now for reduced rates.
|Early booking||On the day|
Entry cost includes climbing for the rest of the day if you are a member or signed in as a guest.