Young climbers clubs
Our young climbers clubs are aimed at young climbers looking to improve their climbing and safety skills, leading to them becoming independent climbers for life. The clubs will take them through a series of stages each providing structured development in a safe and enjoyable environment. Individuals wishing to join the clubs should have done some climbing before joining this can be done by booking on to one of our junior introductory courses. If you have climbed elsewhere please contact us to see if you can join the clubs direct.
- Rock Hoppers Club (4 - 7 years)
A great way for those aged between 4 and 7 years old to start their climbing career! The main emphasis is having fun, playing lots of games and achieving challenges on the bouldering walls. There will also be one or two roped climbs each session.
- Alternate Sunday afternoons 3.45pm to 4.45pm
- £12.50 per session, payable quarterly term in advance
- All remaining sessions in the quarter must be paid for at the time of booking
- Barnacles Club (7 - 10 years)
For those aged 7 to 10 years old. Sessions will involve plenty of roped climbing, climbing games and bouldering. Every 3 weeks, club members will be able to work towards our own Barnacles Climbing and Safety Certificates, which help develop their climbing ability and confidence. These courses are run every week and individuals can join at any time, having completed an introductory course and subject to availability.
- £50.00 per month Direct Debit or £175 per quarter
- Sundays 9am to 10.45am
- Limpets club (10 - 18 years)
The Limpets club is suitable for those aged 10 to 18 and follows the National Indoor Climbing Achievement Scheme (NICAS) with club members working towards the five levels of certification as part of the club sessions.
NICAS is designed to give participants an exciting and structured introduction to climbing and then develop each individual to become a competent and accomplished climber. Climbers record their progress through the scheme, logging climbs, belays and boulder problems that they need to complete for each level of the award.
The five levels of the award and the corresponding clubs are:
- level 1 Foundation climber
- This is covered by our Limpets introductory courses
- level 2 Top rope climber
- Our level 2 club meets Sundays 2-3.30pm
- Prospective club members should hold their NICAS level 1 or be at an equivalent level before joining this club
- level 3 Technical climber
- level 4 Lead climber
- level 5 Advanced climber
- We have two clubs covering levels 3-5 they are
- Sundays 11am-12.45pm
- Thursdays 6-7.45pm
- Prospective club members should hold their NICAS level 2 or be at an equivalent level before joining either of these clubs
Pricing for the level 2 and 3-5 clubs is £50.00 monthly Direct Debit or £175 per quarter
- Real Rock Trips
We run a series of day trips to Real Rock for young people every year. These are great ways for young people age 7 upwards to experience climbing outside. No experience is required for these as they are suitable for all levels of climber.
We also run an annual 3 day trip to the Peak District each year. Each day is spent climbing on a different crag retuning to our campsite each evening. Open to Climbers age 10 upwards in the NICAS level 2 and 3-5 clubs or those with similar levels of experience.