If you are looking for details of consultations on current development works in the harbour, please see the current and approved harbour works.
“A harbour Safety Management System (SMS) is only effective if the harbour authority takes active measures to involve and secure the commitment of all concerned. Harbour authorities should consult as appropriate among those likely to be involved in or affected by the safety management system adopted by the authority” (Port Marine Safety Code)
The River Hamble Harbour Authority commits to the Port Marine Safety Code and a full consultative process with all river users.
To achieve this the authority follows these procedures:
- a full and all encompassing risk assessment identified risks to safe navigation. The project was completed by an outside agency in 2000
- every three years a full consultative process is undertaken by the Harbour Authority. The next one is due in 2018
- the Safety Management System undergoes an independent audit every six months. Findings are reported to the Harbour Board and the Department of Transport
- changes to risk assessments associated with the Safety Management System undergo a consultative process
- this process is lead by the River Hamble Harbour Management Committee. Representatives of River Users are able to air their ideas or concerns. Other interested parties can make verbal or written deputations to the committee
- pending harbour works consent applications are posted on the Harbour Authority website. Join the distribution list to receive email notification. Email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are welcome to visit the The Harbour Master to discuss navigational safety matters.
Use the Incident and SMS Report form to share any concerns or ideas.