The organ in the Park Chapel was built by Bevington & Sons, probably in 1867. The instrument was given to Netley Hospital by the Officers Mess. The organ is in very good condition and is still in it’s original position in the Royal Victoria Chapel.
The instrument consists of two manuals of 56 note compass and a pedalboard of 29 note compass. The simple case front consists of three flats of decorated pipes of typical ribbed Bevington metal. The pipes are arranged between wooden uprights with eleven pipes in the centre and five at each side.
The pipework sings very well in the lovely resonant space of the Royal Victoria Chapel and full organ has a very crisp sound.