Take these steps to help keep you safer when you're in the car:
- Always wear your seatbelt
- Never distract the driver
- Never lean out or throw anything from the window
- Never open the car door when the car is moving
- Never block the rear view mirror
Get out on the pavement side, if you can. If not, then look out for vehicles before opening the door
If you're driven to school, ask your driver to not park on the zig-zag lines outside the school or on a crossing.
Your driver also needs to stop for School Crossing Patrols!
It may take longer but parking in a quiet road nearby is much safer