Watch out for crossing patrols
Our school crossing patrols provide a valuable service to communities in assisting safe crossing
Hampshire County Council’s road safety team is reminding drivers to look out for them.
- Patrols across Hampshire
There are around 250 patrols across Hampshire, helping children cross roads on their way to and from school. Please remember to:
- Look out for signs that warn of school crossing patrols near schools
- Slow down and be prepared to stop
- Remain patient while children and adults cross the road
- Park with consideration, away from the crossing point and never on zig zag road markings
- Drivers who don't stop
Drivers who don’t stop when signalled to do so by a School Crossing Patrol face a fine of up to £1,000 and three penalty points on their driving licence. They could also be disqualified from driving.
Please support school crossing patrols and remember that Stop means STOP.
- School Crossing Patrol careers
If you are interested in carrying out this important role, please visit School Crossing Patrol careers to find out more.